[chbot] Ripoff or clever item description?

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Thu Mar 27 20:02:36 GMT 2014

On Wed 26 Mar 2014 17:24:01 NZDT +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:

> I ordered a clone of the Saleae Logic8 analyser which was described as
> 6pcs so I thought I'd be getting 6 of them.

Nope, deliberately misleading item descriptions. Make sure you give
negative feedback!

> Not too fussed at the price but it has cautioned me the read twice, buy
> (click to add to basket) once :)

Always a good idea, not only in China but also on trademe.

> So I'll have just one spare available at the next meeting, works really
> well (the software even decodes the addresses of devices on a 1-wire bus).
> In fact it works so well that I have now ordered a Logic16 so I might have
> 2 available...

Saleae is a small company working hard to create good products. They
have their software available for download for use with their hardware
because they spend their time developing real value, not copy protection
schemes to annoy their paying customers. Buying stolen designs from
criminals does seem a bit dubious. Why don't you go shoplifting?