[chbot] A new website...

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Mar 11 11:27:43 GMT 2014

On Tue 11 Mar 2014 13:42:39 NZDT +1300, Richard Jones wrote:

> do is form a team to construct and maintain the site. Does anyone have any
> upside / downside / observations on this approach?

I have no interest in feeding the google surveillance, advertising, and
strip-mining everything I do machinery.

People spend enormous amounts of time on constructing things that are
wow, but otherwise quite useless, just because it's fun. And, just
because. I don't believe I'm hearing "going google will be so much
easier than doing the geek thing with an RPi"... ;-)

> Here is an example, the link redirects to sites.google.com before your eyes
> even notice:
>
> http://www.cyc.net.nz/

Personally I find it a bit cheap and unprofessional to be taken from
mydomain to genericfreestuff. And confusing - am I dealing with
cyc.net.nz or whatnot.google.com?