[chbot] SMD packages

Michael Field hamster at snap.net.nz
Sat Mar 1 09:40:53 GMT 2014

I've been using the Eagle Library that goes with Seeed Studio's Open
Parts Library -see http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Open_parts_library

I then order my parts with those that match the package used in the OPL,
and they are pretty common and inexpensive. I've only been caught out
once - a low cost LED from Element 14 wasn't really 0603, but slightly
wider.

It is just a shame that the actual $75 OPL kits
(http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/open-parts-library-p-1560.html) aren't
available at the moment...

Mike