[chbot] Why galvanic isolation is important

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 06:37:53 BST 2014

These articles in the news are written by morons who don't understand
physics who then dumb things down even further for their readership to
understand.

Many of the devices are first designed to work at 110V with no margin.
After being dropped a few times and a few ESDs punching through
insulation they don't stand up to 240V + maybe a simultaneous extra
discharge.

SSRs are a completely different kettle of fish. They can be very
quirky. The AC models behave differently from the DC models. The AC
models only turn off at zero crossing.  No matter what wonkapedia
says, they are not at all a solid state equivalents for their
electromechanical cousins.