[chbot] OT: Low profile RCB

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Mon Jul 14 21:54:24 BST 2014

>Leakage faults are much more common than shorts. Then
it's late at
>night, your whole house goes dark and you're scrambling for the
>candles...
It's a stupid system design.

30 ma is 30 ma regardless of how many breakers you have. We have one 3 phase RCD of 30 ma one feeding about 40 CB. We have a 'big' house many flouresecnt tubes, 1 fridge, 3 freezers, 1 large mill, 2 large lathes, 3 hot water cylinders, 2 heat pumps, dozens of computers, one 4 kw oil heater, washing machine, tumble drier, and still, I've
never had to find and reset the RCD in the dark (or even the light for that
matter).

I'm cannot agree with the 'Stupid system'. Seems a bit of 'rules for fools and
guide for the wise!!'

>Seems to work in South Africa when I lived there, but maybe the laws
>of physics were different under apartheid.

Oh yes. Made me laugh.

Cheers Wallace