[chbot] Electrical regulations

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Tue Jul 1 11:02:06 BST 2014

Helmut
I think you'll find its actually been that way for a while.
The real problem was that these were the Electrical Regulations and as
such needed the Electrical Registrar to act on any breaches.

I think now the MED (Ministry Economic Development ..... it still
reminds me of the old power company) can do the prosecuting.

Of course it does tend to rely on someone complaining, or Customs
intercepting it and checking for the relevant markings.
In NZ you also have the Consumer Guarantees Act to ensure you get your
money back if its not fit for purpose (ie illegal).

Mark