[chbot] IBM Blade server, and Linux

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jan 9 01:08:21 GMT 2014

On Thu 09 Jan 2014 12:45:58 NZDT +1300, Mark Atherton wrote:

> Why don't you want it disposed of at Molten Media ?

I don't consider a gigantic power waste when more computing power can be
had for much less power and a small amount of new equipment and eco-win.
So someone else picking it up from Molten Media and wasting that power
is still no win. However I was thinking of re-use, if you were thinking
of recycling the materials then sure MM is a good place to go. Just
screw a driver, I mean drive a screwer, no wait, put a screwdriver
through it first. And give the PSUs to Charles - he can give an
impressive demo - just warn Taits that a number of computers might
spontaneaously reboot, nothing to do with robotics, honest :-)