[chbot] Chinavasion and airmail...

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jan 7 22:52:41 GMT 2014

On Fri 03 Jan 2014 15:14:52 NZDT +1300, Chris Hellyar wrote:

> Duh, missed the punch line..  The $5 Euro postage item arrived this

I'm amazed at this currency: five dollar Euros?!??? Is it especially
crisis safe?

You all still can't beat my THL phone from aliexpress:

Ordered		Sat 28 Sep 2013
Noted Shipped	29 Sep (by seller in aliexpress)
12.51 PM	09/10/13	Picked up
10.31 AM	14/10/13	Left country of origin
08.45 AM	18/11/13	Arrived in New Zealand
01.00 PM	19/11/13	Delivery Complete

52 days.

There's a question of either the seller being dishonest by 10 days or
China Post leaving it on a heap for that long.

I should say I ordered just before a good week of Chinese holidays -
which seems almost a guarantee for stuffups.

But it was cheap, and I discovered that aliexpress'es N-day delivery
guarantee is practically worthless.

By far most of the items arrive in <3w with China Post, and I have had a
few amazing <10d occasions. All from date of order.

Can I complain? Hell no! Just take a look at shipping costs in NZ, USA
(bordering on useless), AU, Germany (totally useless unless a large
degree of desperation being present).