[chbot] OT: 1/2" Solenoid Valve

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 08:59:17 GMT 2014

Please excuse this off topic post, but here goes...

My greenhouse watering system did not work as planned over my holidays (the
batteries got wet!). So I'm considering replacing my watering computer with
something like a simple mains timer, 12v psu and a $10 solenoid valve from
AliExpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cheapest-Electric-Solenoid-Valve-For-Water-Air-N-C-DC-12V-1-2-TK0377/799052468.htmlAnyone
have any idea whether I can obtain the bits to mate it to domestic
irrigation tube in NZ? It seems odd to me that it does not come with nuts
and olives like a compression fitting. Alternative suggestions welcome :-)

Richard