[chbot] Scooter controllers

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Sat Dec 13 11:12:54 GMT 2014

Greetings all

Something for you all to think on before Monday - do cheap Chinese scooter
controllers (irrespective on how they rate power capability) have reverse
(i.e. a bridge) or are they in the main just series FETs. Most seem to be
advertised as scooter/ebike controllers - and a bike doesn't need to go
backwards!!

Those that I used to have access to used a 0-5 volt signal with 2.5 being
stopped, 0 as full reverse and 5 as full speed forward. I can probably get
a couple of these but 10 bucks to china is much cheaper although I doubt
I'll see anything this side of Xmas!

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks