[chbot] Lazy software developers please read...

Marek Kuziel marek at kuziel.info
Wed Aug 6 11:22:54 BST 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 9:29 PM, Volker Kuhlmann <list0570 at paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> You can not possibly use such a sed construct to create multi-line
> comments filled in with one keyword per function argument and return
> value. The function declaration may be split over multiple lines, etc
> etc. The suggestion is ridiculous! Scripting that in e.g. python would
> be much saner (and still non-trivial), however it was already clear from
> the OP (see "lazy" in subject) that such solution was wanted to be
> found, not made, and even if found, would provide limited benefit. So
> if you know doxygen I'm afraid I don't understand what you intended your
> sed invocation to achieve that the OP asked for.

I disagree with you regarding ridiculousness of the suggestion, but at the
same time, I agree with you that it is not a lazy approach.

Let's move on.

Back in the days when I used Doxygen I had bunch of VIM macros to do all
the hard work. For me that'd be the laziest, most efficient and most
flexible way to get this task done.

Marek