[chbot] laser

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:51:27 BST 2013

On 19/09/13 17:22, Marshland Engineering wrote:
> Some time back, lasers were commented on. I'm looking at making
> stencils for PCB for applying solder paste.
>
> I'm new to this but 0.1 mm film seems to be an option and from the web
> I found this
>
> " 1 Watts blue laser diode will be enough to cut through a thin
> plastic sheet"

[...]

Hm, blue isn't the best colour for cutting plastic film, but 1 W is
plenty of power to damage your eyes - so probably not the best idea if
you want to get results quickly in a safe way. In any case, if you have
just a bare LD, you will probably need some optics to focus the beam,
because LDs have pretty high beam divergence. Altogether sounds like a
lot of effort...

Kind regards,

Helmut.