[chbot] More Li-Ion charger info

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Mon May 20 04:16:18 BST 2013

On Mon 20 May 2013 13:52:38 NZST +1200, Andrew Errington wrote:

> It's basically a TP4056 on a board.

As stated by others, the board would have the performance of the chip,
which has a
http://www.tpmicro.com/datasheet/TP4056Ver1.0_preview.pdf

1-page datasheet in sometimes bad English which is so cr*ppy, it doesn't
even say the chip's input voltage range, and the manufacturer doesn't
link to it, you have to use a search to find it.
The chip is N/A digikey, mouser, element14!

The board is cheap though US$2.30, or 1.80 for 3 or 1.60 for 10.

It's the fast option, but if I was doing something myself I'd probably
use the Microchip part (MCP73831, MCP73811) because it has better specs,
or the more expensive MAX1551 (would have to read up on the fine details
to tell what the differences are).

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.