[chbot] LiPo batteries

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 17 00:17:09 BST 2013

How safe is it really to have LiPo batteries around the house?

I was thinking of using some of the 1-cell hobbyking offerings as backup
for some microcontrollers. Then I read the reports of what these
batteries do to people, like burning the house down, but I don't fancy
having the chemical smoke of one of them's guts in the house either.

What would people consider to be safe handling precautions in terms of
charger, charge location and storage? What about charging them
in-circuit?

Thanks,

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.