[chbot] Seeed Studio's Fusion PCB service.

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Mar 21 23:12:49 GMT 2013

On 22/03/13 12:03, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> I've had a good look for PCB services over time and they all fell down
> on price. Shipping from USA or Oz is a killer. NZ manufacturers are
> faster, but don't collate orders, and the quality I've seen from some is
> hardly better than seeed's. Do expect a reasonably high registration
> error (misalignment of top and bottom copper layer, matters for through
> hole rings) from seeed though. You're probably pushing your luck with
> the tiny stuff they tell you as their production limit, but that's much
> smaller than you'd typically use at home. The misalignment of the silk
> print layer is quite big (up to 1mm?) for industry quality commercial
> Australian suppleirs too.
>
> Seeed's price is unbeatable. It's relatively low if it was one, but they
> give you ten PCBs for that price, and include postage if you can wait.

I use Hackvana, slightly more expensive than Seeed but the boards are
fantastic quality. It's run by Mitch an Australian who is living in
China, he's a really nice, helpful guy.

No issues with layers lining up or anything of the sort, every board
I've had back (100+) has been perfect. Very flexible specifications and
can manufacture to fine tolerances (6 mil for most things). Does
stainless SMD stencils too.

For a 50x50mm board you can expect to pay about US$20 for 10 including
shipping, $3 extra for registered mail or $25 for DHL.

His main website is basic, here's a Google Doc of the ordering and
specification details; http://tinyurl.com/hvpcbfaq

Cheers,

hads
--