[chbot] USB relay board?

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 07:27:23 BST 2013

I wanted to do this a while ago and came across heaps of products like:
http://www.pwrusb.com/

Settled on the idea of doing it with the parallel port until I found that
usb-parallel is not true parallel 8(
  (Up until yesterday I turned the Amp on and off with LIRC and pulseaudio
volchecker... new server has irq problems I think, and it no longer
works... tonights project)

The spark fun way looks good.

  The other posibility is a switched pdu... would love one of these if
anyone has a spare, especially with current monitoring. Maxxim have a nice
dev board based on one of their chips that is 8 power sockets with power
factor, current etc sensing - usb interface. If this seems like the way I
can send you all the stuff they sent me - full protel files etc.

Jasper