[chbot] Sundays balloon-adventure, report please

André Geldenhuis andre.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:48:19 GMT 2013

Hi Chris

Sounds like a cool project :)  The reason we went with 10mW was that the
transmitter costs about $5 and weighs about 1 gram.  Our entire payload
including 2 cameras, spot tracker, electronics, batteries for 5hours + and
insulation etc only came to 900 grams and I reckon we can reduce the weight
some more.  10mW also saves on battery weight.  We also don't really need a
faster data rate unless we want to transmit video, which we have considered
doing.  Obviously our 4 baud data rate wouldn't be up to that :P

Cheers :)
Andre