[chbot] OT: SDR

André Geldenhuis andre.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:00:07 GMT 2013

Hi Richard

We are using one of these cheap rtl2832's and a funcube to track our
balloon flight tomorrow (all going well :P )  If you wanted a good range
test of your SDR, receiver swing your yagi towards lake clearwater after
10am tomorrow at 433.945 - 433.950 MHz ish.  Transmitter is running at a
bit less than 10mW and the encoding scheme is DominoEX4 in plain text.

We also have a spot gps tracker running on board accessible here:
http://goo.gl/1o6o6  password microprize.  A track starting near lake
clearwater indicates we are setting up, once the track starts moving the
balloon is up.  Predicted altitude is just shy of 100 000 feet based on
estimated burst diameters from other who have used the same balloons but
there is a lot of variability in these old surplus balloons.

I'll send some pictures to the list if we get the payload back :P

Cheers
Andre