[chbot] crypto safe (CS)

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 18 07:39:06 GMT 2013

The crypto-infection apparently starts by inadvertently executing an
EXE, usually as an email attachment

The crypto safe web site claims that the infection will only use one
of three or four locations to attempt to un compress the virus into.

crypto safe claims that it enforces group policies that will not
allow write access to these directories, so the virus cannot launch

so CS would be useful as a second line of defence against accidental
launch of the virus

The package was recommended to me by the tech at a local IT company,
who I have some trust in, but it is difficult to test, just like the
'elephant-gun'. This tech is going to have some rather large issues
to deal with processionally if he hasn't done his homework.

crypto safe has been around for some while, and running the latest
Avira signatures does not reveal any issues, nor does a complete
system scan using Avira after running CS

I could not find any bad-press about CS

========

I entirely understand Charles's viewpoint, but from the inspections
that I have done, I believe that I am taking reasonable research and
action with respect within the context of *my* machine

Your mileage may vary

========

In terms of the other comment, real-world and commercial limitations
do not allow the selection of any other operating systems.

-mark