[chbot] OT : smart phone shopping list

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Mon Aug 12 10:58:52 BST 2013

> You surely mock.....
>
> I have seen absolutely nothing indicating phones with Windows 8 + Intel
> CPUs.
> Tablets, yes; phones : no.

Not really a phone but a phablet. I like the idea of being able to run
windows software anywhere I can get cell coverage and have access to all my
data.

>From the web

The Samsung Ativ Tab 3 is a thin and light tablet that features a full-blown
Windows 8 and runs on an Intel Atom chip. A separately sold keyboard book
cover transforms it into a better productivity tool and with built-in S Pen
and S Note 2 application, it has its creative appeal. Additionally, it has a
dedicated SIM card slot enabling 3G and 4G cellular connectivity.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-ATIV-Tab-3-Preview_id3345

I happily put up with the NOTE2 size (5.5" it's a top pocket phone)  as I
use it in the car for navigation, music and at home for a diary, to do lists
and several spreadsheets (plus games). It's also easier to find Haha. The
docking station is great and means its always charged. I would not go back
to an old style smaller phone again. It's now a productivity item for me.
The phone 'line' quality is excellent. I use the stylus probably 80% of the
time.