[chbot] OT : smart phone shopping list

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Mon Aug 12 00:49:39 BST 2013

I've just bought the Samsung Galaxy Note2 phablet. The biggest feature was
the stylus. It now makes a spreadsheet a viable option on a phone. The pen
digitizer is great and the 5.5 screen is really useable. Satellite GPS is
great and switching from WIFI to Cell data is excellent. Other phones I had
often delayed the change over for quite a while.

Cons - Lots of gimmics.

If you want to wait, in the next month or so Samsung will be selling their
new phone with Windows 8 and an atom processor so you will be able to run
your windows apps directly on the phone. It is 10" though but only weighs
500 grams. Sim card, GPS, stylus etc all included.

See
http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/samsung-ativ-tab-3/4505-3126_7-35796873.html
or
http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-ativ-tab-3-hands-on/

So the option is a cheap phone to call and a Samsung 10" Phablet for
actially doing some work wherever you are.