[chbot] MIDI over USB for nanoKONTROL2 control surface

Paul Davey plmdvy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:41:44 BST 2013

SYSEX is likely badly documented as the SYSEX messages exist for the
purpose of having a way for system exclusive functionality to fit into the
standard, but since the actual messages will differ somewhat by
manufacturer and device it seems natural that they would be less well
documented as the docs would come only from one source.

It also worries me that the MIDI specification never had any mechanism
added to it to interrogate the current state of a control, then again MIDI
seems to not be entirely the correct protocol to use for such a device as
it is lacking this somewhat important feature...