[chbot] MIDI over USB for nanoKONTROL2 control surface

David Churcher davechcr at dchurcher.com
Mon Apr 1 09:11:29 BST 2013

Hi Mark,

You can get some information back by sending it MIDI sysex messages, but
it looks like it will only dump the current scene configuration, which
isn't (as I understand it) the current position of the sliders. The MIDI
implementation doc is here:
http://www.korg.co.uk/support/downloads/nano_dl.php in
nano_MIDI_implementation.zip, and there is some Python code for sending
and reading scenes using sysex on
https://github.com/royvegard/Nano-Basket/blob/master/nano_basket_backend.py

If the Korg editor software can read the current position of the sliders
then there's a chance that there's an undocumented message that will do
it, otherwise I don't think it's possible. In software you can either
just jump the controlled parameter to the fader position as soon as
someone moves it, or wait until they move the fader to the current
parameter position before changing the parameter, as in this video:
http://youtu.be/PgRTyMnosSI?t=1m54s

Dave