[chbot] MIDI over USB for nanoKONTROL2 control surface

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Apr 1 02:39:01 BST 2013

Hi All,

Hopefully someone here can save me some work digging around for a
solution to this question:

I am building a small wireless interface for a KORG nanoKONTROL2
MIDI-over-USB control surface. The system is based on a Microchip
dsPIC device with USB host port, so far so good; everything works as
expected in terms of controlling LEDs on the control surface, and
reading back sliders, knobs etc. as Control Change messages.

As an example, after moving a slider, a message is received like
0x0B, 0xB0, 0x02, 0x78 -- Cable 0, Control Change, Address 2, Data 0x78, etc.

I need to be able to read the whole control surface at power up, so
for example I need to know how to interrogate slider 2, to find it's
current position without moving it.

Any ideas how I go about doing this will be appreciated, or a more
appropriate forum.

Thanks,

Mark