[chbot] My Arduino robotics class in Korea

follower follower at rancidbacon.com
Sun May 20 12:00:56 BST 2012

On 20 May 2012 22:18, Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Intro to Arduino [...]
> 2. Digital inputs [...]
> Each lesson is 45 minutes, and I can't do too much stuff in that time.
Certainly the first couple of sessions seem manageable in terms of
breadth of content--based on my experience teaching a 3 hour
introductory workshop for adults. (I can't comment on the later ones.)

The trickiest one is probably the first one which will have the need
to cover a lot of ground to get to the LED blinking stage.

You might want to consider a bit of a "show & tell" of "this is what
other people have made Arduino do" somewhere along the way.

The most helpful feedback I received for the workshops I ran was to
let people get their hands on as fast as possible so the toys aren't
burning a hole through the table and then step back a bit to cover
some of the intro/overview side of things.

--Philip;