[chbot] RC in NZ

Geoff sdfgeoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 06:11:31 GMT 2012

I use a 2.4Ghz for video and 35 MHz for flying.
A friend uses 2.4 to fly, and 5.8 for vid.

We chose not to use 900mhz for video because some website told us it was
used for cellphone communication. I have no idea how true that is though.

Geoff

One thing we did discover was that the 5.8ghz wouldn't go through any
obstacles, weighed 100g more, and drew more power. It also had a cooling
fan to worry about.

www.rsm.govt.nz ? That's the MED authority for spectrum management.

>> Helmut
>>
>> On Sunday, 18 March 2012, Peter Ellens <ellensp at xnet.co.nz> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Anyone know if the 900MHz band is available in New Zealand for RC
projects?

>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Peter

>> > Meetings 3rd Monday each month at Tait Radio Communications, 175
Roydvale Ave, 6.30pm