[chbot] OT HDD question

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 6 05:30:39 GMT 2012

Hi mark,

Yup, I tried that util, every sector access came back with error.

It appears that you have to hand over a password before you can
access any of the sectors.

To clear the HD, issue ATA bus commands something like:

SECURITY UNLOCK DEVICE
SECURITY ERASE PREPARE
SECURITY ERASE UNIT

Which may erase the whole unit.