[chbot] Oscilloscope display made from old HDD

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jan 17 07:57:19 GMT 2012

On Tue 17 Jan 2012 19:40:38 NZDT +1300, Richard Jones wrote:

> I have a few old drives spare if anyone needs them, and the Warehouse
> used to stock $2 laser pointers. You have to ask for them.

Bin Inn on Lincoln Rd have $2 (I think) laser pointers on the shelf near
the door. They come with 3 tiny coin cells, and it's cheaper to buy a
new laser than to get batteries from the electronics shop, so I hooked
one up to a 3-AA holder and the cat is having no end of fun trying to
catch that elusive red mouse on the carpet.

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.