[chbot] AVR Butterfly progression?

Paul Davey plmdvy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 05:42:27 GMT 2012

> FeeRTOS looks really good too, and won't run on 8bit jobs.

FreeRTOS does run on some *MEGA devices, but only large ones and I'm
not sure if they are 8 or 16bit.

> You might find the raspberry pi interesting - US$35 for a full computer
> on a board about the size of an Arduino, running Linux I think - pretty
> damn good, major yuck is the broadstuff job on it so don't expect to see
> a datasheet.

Actually Broadcom have released a cut down datasheet of the ARM
peripherals, this does not include the graphics stuff but it does
include the serial stuff and I2C I think and a number of other bits
and pieces.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/615
http://dmkenr5gtnd8f.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf

Paul