[chbot] Anyone making PCBs?

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 31 10:07:13 BST 2011

For easy drilling I often lay out the PCB on a 0.1 inch pitch and use
veroboard for a drill template. But 1206 surface mount components are good
deal quicker to mount than through hole. Lightly tin the board at each end
of the component mounting, place/hold the component and reflow with a fine
soldering iron or air gun. Works so well for me that I prefer surface mount
while I can still get 1206 components.

Richard

 When I was etching my own (using photo resist board), we used to heat and