[chbot] Interesting presentations at our next meetings

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Sat May 28 02:51:54 BST 2011

Volker,

Have you tried other AD I2C devices using the
same master you attempted to read the AD part you referenced ?

What is the mode of failure - no ack ?

Are you sure you have the address correctly set -
some datasheets place the addr bits shifted from
the R/W bit so addr 0xA0 could be interpreted as
a write to 0x50, and 0xA1 could be interpreted as a read from 0x50 etc.

If you want to mail me a device, I have several
sources of I2C masters and have never had a
failure with a slave the way that you describe.

-Mark

Re I²C and SPI, I obtained some samples of some pre-production AD