[chbot] Mini Robot Wars Announcement

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 25 11:18:23 BST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 9:38 PM, jimmy allen <jimmy1248 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would be interested myself.Although, would a class involving size
> over weight be possible, as I can't see 300g going far for me.
>
> Jimmy
>
> Go for it. Make a proposal and see who wants to take you on.
Though I do like 300g. I think you can make a simple battle bot with 2
servos modified for continuous rotation, a lightweight rc receiver, four AA
cells and some light wheels. But give up AA cells for Li-ion, and you might
have enough weight left over for some defensive and offensive devices. Also
at 300g its hard to imagine doing too much damage to people or buildings.

Richard