[chbot] .5 offset voltage

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Mon Jul 18 06:08:42 BST 2011

Hi Mark

I have a digital display from Jaycar. It runs on 5 volts. The input is 0-2 volts. The scaling is no problem. I have only one power supply. I have used a LM7805 for the display and probably a second one for the transducer. I do however need to float the display's ground 0.5 volts above the transducer's ground. It probably needs to be adjustable to clear the actual offset from the transducer. Most voltage regulators start at 1.2 volts so I'm stuck for a simple solution.

Cheers Wallace