[chbot] OT: Compiler help

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 06:53:44 GMT 2011

On Wed, January 5, 2011 14:28, follower wrote:
> On 5 January 2011 17:56, Andrew Errington <a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, the test code was compiled with a different product ID
>> to the chip I have (same product, different configuration), so the test
>> program won't run because it cannot find the device. (Grr!)
> In the short term, you could try using a hex editor to find the PID
> and change it?

Yes, I thought of that.  The PID is a 16-bit number.  I don't know if it
is compiled as two consecutive bytes or not, or what is the byte order.  I
have found three instances of two consecutive bytes making the 16-bit
number.  I could change them one at a time and see what happened, but it
might be completely bogus (and break something important).

Thanks,

Andrew