[chbot] Choc fish challenege 3

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Tue Aug 30 23:04:43 BST 2011

I'm tempted by your "super-sized choc fish" :)
Here's what I'm thinking:

The only part of the queens problem that lends itself to parallel
programming is checking to see if a solution is valid.  We can use up to 7
"cogs"- slang for one of the Propeller's eight 32-bit processors- to
validate a queen's position.  The first queen placed doesn't need to be
validated. Each of these cogs waits until a start signal and then checks if
its queen is not in danger from the other 7 queens- by looking for
row/column/diagonal attacks.  Once finished, it sets a stop signal and
indicates its result.

The eight cog generates test patterns, indicates the start condition, waits
for all cogs to finish, and stops when a valid pattern is found.

Want some code?
Hanno