[chbot] OT: Open source Radio Control 2.4GHz Radio Control Tx/Rx

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Thu Aug 18 10:26:26 BST 2011

Thanks for the kind responses everyone. I guess I could have been more
specific.

My main interest in the Turnigy 9ch transmitter is for controlling model
airplanes, where the UI is paramount for fine control. The ability to have a
decent size model memory with flexible mixing to switch between all the
model configurations makes my old 40MHz Hitec Eclipse Seven that uses
relatively expensive receivers with hard to get crystals seem hardly worth
the additional trouble. I have a synthesized 40MHz receiver on order which
will overcome the crystal issue, but the Turnigy with its open source
software and low cost receivers looks hard to resist if it has a reliable
range. One question I have not figured out is whether mode 1 and mode 2
versions only differ in software.

Richard