[chbot] Small Micros with I2C bus OT--> patents

Michael Pearce mike at kiwacan.co.nz
Wed Apr 27 01:59:46 BST 2011

No prior art - The patent has been around since early 90's (When they
introduced the 8pin part) well before 32 bit Micro's were readily
available / popular / affordable and only recently have they started
to shrink packages to same or less than the data width. I only found
out about it since starting there. Prior to the patent there were no
16 bit parts in less than an 18 or 40 pin package, and no 32 bit parts
in less than an 80 or 144 pin package.

All those smart card devices were 8 bitters back then, and the
majority still are. Plus most  had 9 or 10 pins.

Legal junk - personally I dont like patents, but they make the USA go
round and keep Lawyers employed.