[chbot] Where will our next meeting be?

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 9 09:01:46 BST 2010

I hope this message finds everyone in Christchurch well and coping with the
effects of Saturdays massive earthquake and the continuing aftershocks.
We are due for another get together on Wednesday 15th September, I don't
have any news of the Science Alive building, but the appearance of fencing
around parts of the building does not look good. So it would be a good idea
for people to check back with the email list before setting out for the
meeting as I don't know where it will be. We can use one of the training
rooms at Tait Radio Communications, but we are quite a way out for people to
come, and the room is undergoing maintenance at the moment that will
hopefully be finished by Wednesday. Or we might do a visit or meet
elsewhere. Any suggestions welcome.

On a slightly different topic I was wondering how a simple seismograph might
be designed and calibrated, and discovered quite an interesting wikipedia
page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seismometer

Richard