[chbot] When is the next meeting?

william fleetwil at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:06:46 GMT 2010

i might be able to bring my 8 digit display stuff. i have added a DB9 plug
to my blue LED display so i can plug the protoboard/kiwipatch project boards
in, on one i have used a hall effect sensor to make a magnet strength
(gauss) meter and polarity tester which has an accuracy of 4 gauss and will
tell you which end of the magnet is north and south

the project boards have an 08M picaxe either on the board or in a DB9
backshell with pin 0 (serout/txd) 0v and 5v on the DB9 connections, the
programming resistors and socket is mounted in the DB9 backshell with the
socket accessable for programming the other I/O pins and the power rails are
brought out to the rest of the board for extras like pushbuttons, sensors
or other outputs. the DB9 plug on the display will supply 5 volts to the
board and you program it while its plugged into the display unit via the
program header, on the breadboard you can plug in components, the kiwipatch
version being more permanent requiring the components to be soldered in