[chbot] electronic valves for a garden sprinkler project.

Cass Jones jones.cass at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 12:45:10 GMT 2010

I have done the same thing myself using washing machine solenoids,
they have buckets of them at the supershed for a couple of bucks a
pop, 24v dc, the best bit is you can just screw a regular garden hose
thread to quick release adapter on one end (not sure of the actual
fitting names - you can get them from the warehouse for a couple of
dollars), and the other end you can get garden hose over and hose
clamp it down.

I just bought a $7 mains timer unit and used a 240v to 24v adapter,
but at 24v dc you could just drive them with n-fets or whatever you
like.