[chbot] Fwd: Sashin's genetic algorithm tennis player

sachin surendran sachin.surendran at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 06:22:10 BST 2010

Charles,
           I used a neural networks, which was evolved by a genetic
algorithm.
The genetic algorithm sees the weights of the neural network as a GENE and
performs operations like cross breeding, mutation and evolves it.

Cheers
Sachin

NB: I will writeup a wiki on the google page, which should facilitate easy
compiling and running
the genetic framework.

------------------------------

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:49:02 +1200
> From: Charles Manning <manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz>
> Subject: [chbot] Sashin's genetic algorithm tennis player
> To: Christchurch Robotics <chchrobotics at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
>
> Sashin,
>
> I am really sorry I missed this meeting as I wanted to see your
> presentation.
>
> I see there's a link to some neural net code. Did you use a genetic
> algorithm
> to tune a nnet or is that just independent?
>
> -- Charles
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 05:45:27 +0100
> From: jimmy allen <jimmy1248 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [chbot] next Meeting Wed 21st july 2010
> To: Christchurch Robotics <chchrobotics at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
>
> I have seen this project and it is very well done with the little
> resources used.
>
> On 6/16/10, william <fleetwil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > for the next meeting I would like to show everyone some projects I have
> > done.
> > if you don't know me, I am william47316 on bright sparks and I have done
> > few interesting projects involving 08M picaxe-s and shift registers. by
> the
> > time the next meeting comes around I may have finished my second
> prototype
> > and my 60mm high large proto
> > currently my second prototype needs a replacement display and some
> finishing
> > touches and I need parts for my large one
> >
> > the displays use an 08M controlling nine 8 bit shift registers using a
> 595
> > for addressing the other 8 strobe lines with common data and clock rails
> > total of 4 outputs controlling 64. the picaxe receives 8 bytes of serial
> > data and processes them to the display eg the ASCII numbers and a few
> > letters get processed as display codes the rest can be for custom
> displays
> >
> > the driver shift registers are ucn5841's which can be used on inductive
> or
> > other power loads and have Darlington outputs
> > they work quite nicely on the 08M and will drive common anode loads also
> > plus that they are extremely robust
> >

> > I can bring along my initial version, and the other two when they are
> > completely finished, my first version has a picaxe based clock I made
> too.
> >
> > I may also bring along some other things I have eg a fan heater which I
> > replaced the mechanical thermostat with a Dallas temperature sensor and
> > picaxe controller which also displays temperature and function on my
> > display. and my old toshy which I have made some software which can
> control
> > the display via the serial port
> >
> > to control the display you can send it at least 8 bytes of ASCII numbers
> or
> [...]

See things not as they are, But as they might be. -Robert Oppenheimer