[chbot] Plotting a Go board

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 00:33:39 BST 2010

Richard

Have you considered thermal transfer or inkjet etc using either the pcb
toner transfer method or those sheets to iron transfers onto t-shiirts etc.

Charles

On Jul 28, 2010 8:05 AM, "Richard Jones" <rjtp at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

Many thanks Chris,

Nice to hear from you. The plotted area is approximately 422 x 392mm.
So might be possible on an A3 plotter in two plots with good
registration if the board can hang over the sides of the plotter. The
ink for my Rotring pens is about 35 years old, as are the pens!
Although the ink is still liquid and I've given it a really good stir
my lines are looking quite grey. So I've ordered more ink and we're
also experimenting with manual methods using some rather nice $6 pens
from Warehouse Stationery. Any idea what file formats your plotter
likes? I have a mild preference for DXF as I know I can hack that
easily. The boards are 9mm thick do you think that would be a problem
for the plotter?

Cheers

Richard