[chbot] Library and books

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 23:43:21 GMT 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:53:32 Chris and Liz wrote:
> Maybe we could start our own wee library? I have some electronic mags I
> could donate and a really good robotic book that I have 2 editions of and
> could donate the older one. What does everyone else think?

I think it's a great idea, but it needs some commitment from someone to keep
an eye on it.  One thing I have used to do this sort of thing is LibraryThing
(www.librarything.com).  You can enter all the books that are part of the
collection, even if they are physically dispersed among many people, then you
can use the tag field to say if a book is 'in' or 'out', and if it's out, who
has it.

To be honest, I have found the Christchurch library to have a generally good
collection of books of all kinds.  If you want to donate your books to them
it would be easier to let them manage them.

Best wishes,

Andrew