[chbot] Arduino Users Group - Auckland Oct 8th

Tim Carr Tim at mindkits.co.nz
Wed Sep 30 05:42:02 BST 2009

Hi all, as much as I realise this is the Christchurch Robotics mailing list
I'm aware there are others on here who live in that smokey place further
north by the name of Auckland.
I hope you don't mind me making you aware of the upcoming Arduino Users
Group that will be held at the Playhouse Pub on Oct 8th at 6pm.

More details below:

Hi all, the next Arduino Users Group is on for October the 8th and after an
interesting start it'll be great fun to see you on the day.
If you're keen to come just drop me an email so I know how big of a table I
should grab.

*Oops:*
We've moved the meeting to the second Thursday of every month, once a month
so this had caused some confusion along the way. Sorry about that but we're
on the straight and narrow now and I think it's about time we all caught up
over a beer and talked Arduino.

*Whats On:*
-We'll get Vik Olliver to come along in the next month and give a demo of
the RepRap. He can't make this session so it may be the next one. More info
here ( http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome )
-If you're interested and I finish it, I'll bring the geekiest beer mug in
the world along - an Arudino powered beer mug that measures beer temp and
wireleslly transmits it back to base to be graphed and the quantity of beers
drunk measured.
-Bring along your current projects to show the others. Beginner or expert,
we all love seeing what other tinkerers are doing.
-If you have anything you'd like to swap for other stuff then feel free to
bring that along too.
-Q&A over a beer - Kit not working the way it should? Bring your questions
and we'll be happy to help out with some answers over a beer- or at least
some pontification.

*See you there!*
The link below gets updated with any news and event info so you may wish to
bookmark it and check back from time to time.
You can also follow us on Twitter via the username @mindkits or email me at
Tim at mindkits.co.nz which I am glued to.

*Time and place details:*
http://www.mindkits.co.nz/Arduino_Users_Group_Auckland.html

If you get lost on the night or can't see where we're sitting you can always
call/text me on 021733626 too.

*Plug:*
Ooh, one last thing - As I'm not engaged in every mailing list and group out
there could you please help spread the word to the technical/creative lists
you participate in?

--
Regards,
Tim