[chbot] Challenge Night

Simon Knopp shrunken.apple.head at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:20:56 BST 2009

Not entirely related, but by the time of the next meeting my class
will have just finished the UC Robocup – Search & Rescue competition.
It's the major design project for the 2nd pro mechatronics class:
The “Canterbury RoboCup: Search and Rescue” competition requires
students, working in teams of
three, to design and build a telerobot capable of quickly locating and
gathering objects within the field
of play.  No human intervention will be allowed once a telerobot
begins operation.
I should hopefully be able to bring along some video of our robots
working if you're interested. The robots consist of a Qwerk mounted on
a modified RC truck, controlled over Wi-Fi by software running on a
remote PC.

Simon.