[chbot] Trip Report

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Sat May 23 04:18:06 BST 2009

The IODreamkit can drive small motors- here more details:

The IODreamkit is for the student/hobbyist/engineer who wants to use their
PC to experiment with digital and analog signals.  It comes with "breadboard
style headers" to let you quickly prototype things.  Just insert
capacitors/resistors/wires to build what you want- this is how I built my
first dancebot.  It needs a 9v power supply and a USB connection to the PC
and provides:
- fast analog input: 100Msps with 8 bit resolution
- 8 additional channels of 12 bit resolution input at up to 100ksps
- fast analog output: 20Msps arbitrary waveform generation with 5 bit
resolution
- 2 additional channels of delta sigma waveform generation
- 8 digital channels which can sink up to 500ma to drive small motors
- 8 channels of buffered digital IO
- all powered by the Parallax Propeller- a 32 bit processor with 8 cores
running at 100MHz

The headers provide ground, +5, +3 and are designed to interface with hobby
servos, VEX sensors, and other robotic components.

I've partnered with Brian from "uController.com" to build this- check his
website for other great products.
See images here: http://mydancebot.com/dreamkit
Hanno