[chbot] Does the current web site meet our needs?

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 29 21:31:56 BST 2009

I came across this web site the other day:
http://indoor.afterburn.co.nz/news.php, It uses the e107 content management
system.
It set me wondering whether our current web site is meeting our needs. The
web space is generously funded by Hanno. Hanno and I spent an evening or
two setting up our current site http://kiwibots.org using the Joomla
content management system almost two years ago now, following on from some
experiments that Carl did. The combination of web site and mailing list is
functional but maybe we could do better.

What I think we are missing is:
1. Someone with the time and energy to organise and manage a site.
2. An easy way for members to contribute and classify photos and videos.
3. A forum organised by topic.

I have been wondering about using Picasa for organising pictures and videos
but as far as I can see it does not offer administrator capabilities so
that we can backup and restore following attacks.
Anyone else have any thoughts or the time/skills to look into this?

Richard