[chbot] AVR plugin for Eclipse

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Jul 13 00:05:46 BST 2009

I tend to find IDEs a bit stifling and tend not to use them, but rather use
unbundled tools: editor, debugger and good old make. Insight and gdb can be
built for avr.

I have not tried Eclipse for this purpose.
There is also http://sourceforge.net/projects/kontrollerlab/ but again I have
not tried that.

When I've done AVR debugging I've so far chickened out and always used
AVRStudio (the Windows thing from Atmel).

BTW I have a JTAGICE2 that I very rarely use and am willing to lend out. This
is a JTAG/one wire debug pod that is supported under AVRStudio and all
gdb-based debuggers and works. It will debug all AVRs with debug support
(including ATMega8)