[chbot] Lego Sumo action video

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jan 3 03:06:36 GMT 2009

Here is the result some family cooperation around New Year, a video of Lego
Nxt sumo robots Gnasher and Utahraptor in action:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~rjtp/LegoSumo/RobotSumo.mov

I'll bring along Gnasher or a descendant to the Feb 18th meeting.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some catchy royalty free music
we can publish something similar from our forthcoming February event more
widely.

Thanks for the response to my Lego motor control question earlier. The
solution I've adopted is to use two motor controls (as opposed to the
single move control) block. This arrangement fixes my speed control problem
by enabling feedback. The Lego help seems to use the terms power and speed
pretty much interchangeably based I guess on the straight line relationship
between PWM and off load rpm shown here:
http://www.philohome.com/nxtmotor/nxtmotor.htm I had thought that the move
block was using feedback, but apparently not.

Cheers

Richard