[chbot] Repeat of last 2 posts

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Fri Feb 13 16:50:59 GMT 2009

My last two posts seemed to get sent out with a date way in the past or future so here they are again just in case they got squirreled away to a dark part of your inbox...

Subject: Sumo Robots

How many Sumo robots coming on Wednesday?
If you have a sumo robot or know of anyone who plans to come with one
please reply.
I have one so we need at least one more to make the evening a success!

Thanks

Richard

Subject: Micromouse Wheels

I'm wondering how to get hold of some wheels to attach to stepper motors to
construct a micromouse. The stepper motors are about 42mm square and 32 mm
deep. So I'm thinking that 50mm dia wheels and with rubber or plastic tyres
would be about right. I have access to a lathe and could turn some out
of aluminium. Anyone know where I could get hold of suitable aluminium rod
or plate? I've been looking at the Nalco site and they have 50mm dia rod
which weighs 5.3kg/m and as their minimum cut length is 1m its probably
going to be pricey. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks

Richard

_